Nesting in the midst of the open green field in the western fringe of Jalpaiguri district, Maynaguri College has taken an important role in the educational scenario of North Bengal. This seat of education lies 4 km North of Maynaguri town enroute to Malbazar. The College was established on 18th November 1999. It is a degree college affiliated to the North Bengal University. The University Grants Commission has recognized this college under section 2f and 12B of its Act. In spite of its infancy, within a short span of time the College has acquired a good reputation in the field of education of the district. The NAAC has accredited this college with grade –‘B’.
- STRIVING FOR EXCELLENCE.
- TO EQUIP AND EMPOWER STUDENTS WITH RELEVANT KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCE AND CREATIVITY TO FACE GLOBAL CHALLENGES.
- TO ACHIEVE INNOVATIONS IN TEACHING-LEARNING, RESEARCH AND EXTENSION ACTIVITIES TO REALIZE NATIONAL GOALS, INCLUDING THE ADOPTION AND PROMOTION OF KNOWLEDGE OUTPUT FOR HUMAN DEVELOPMENT.
- TO PROMOTE WOMEN’S EDUCATION.
- TO FACILITATE OPTIMUM USE OF THE HUMAN MIND IN THE LIMITED INFRASTRUCTURAL FACILITIES AVAILABLE FOR QUALITY SUSTENANCE AND IMPROVEMENT.
- TO PROMOTE PARTICIPATION OF ALL THE STAKEHOLDERS IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE COLLEGE.
- TO PROMOTE AND PRACTICE INCLUSIVE GROWTH.
- TO CREATE AWARENESS OF HUMAN RIGHTS, VALUE SYSTEM, CULTURE, HERITAGE, SCIENTIFIC TEMPER AND ENVIRONMENT
- TO DEVELOP STUDENTS INTELLECTUALLY AND HOLISTICALLY.
- TO PROMOTE HIGHER EDUCATION IN THE FIELD OF COMMERCE, MANAGEMENT, COMPUTER SCIENCE AND IT.
- TO CATER TO THE NEED OF THE INDUSTRY BY EQUIPPING STUDENTS WITH VARIOUS SKILLS.
- TO ENHANCE THE QUALITY OF TEACHING-LEARNING PROCESS THROUGH CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT AND USE OF TECHNOLOGY.
- TO ORGANIZE SOCIAL WELFARE ACTIVITIES IN THE NEIGHBOURING AREAS AND ENCOURAGE STUDENTS’ PARTICIPATION IN IT.
- TO MOULD THE STUDENTS TO BECOME RESPONSIBLE CITIZENS BY INCULCATING ETHICAL VALUES. TO PROMOTE RESEARCH CULTURE AMONG THE FACULTY AND STUDENTS.
- TO EMPOWER STUDENTS TO SUSTAIN IN GLOBAL COMPETITION. TO DEVELOP A PATRIOTIC SENSE AMONG STUDENTS.
- Started in 1999
- Uplifts the backward community
- Constant Growth in Academics
- Good Result in Extra-curricular
- Society-Oriented NSS & NCC
- Anti-Ragging Cell
- Anti-Sexual Harassment Cell
- Women Cell
- Name & Details Concealed
- Minimum Occurances
From The Principal’s Desk
Lack of infrastructural facilities and prevalence of backwardness are the only hindrance to the growth of education system in the region.
But in spite of these, the educational level of this newly born College is satisfactory. In 2002 the pass rate in all disciplines was 75%, while in 2003 it reached 77%. In 2004 this pass rate touched 88%. In 2009, pass rate was 98%.
Hence, there is an accelerating growth of percentage of pass rate of students in the College.